- Add one cup of water for one cup of powder.
- Add salt as needed to suit your taste.
- Mix it thoroughly.
- Let it soak for minimum of 30 mins. The batter is now ready for use.
- Enhance the flavour by adding chopped Onions or Drumstick leaves or Vazhaipoo (Banana Flower) and Curry Leaves to the batter and mix it well
- Heat a pan (approx. 375° F) for a few minutes.
- Sprinkle a little bit of oil before making the first Adai/Chilla.
- Spread the batter in spiral fashion on the pan.
- Sprinkle oil as needed
- Cook until the Adai/Chilla turns golden brown and flip as needed.
- Serve it with Sambar, Chutney, Idli podi, Vegetable curry, Avial, etc.
Ingredients: Pearl Millet, Channa Dal, Toor Dal, Red Chilly, Rock Salt.
Millets are micro-nutrients which are nutritious and is a replacement for rice and wheat. Adai/Chilla mix is made from Pearl Millet/Bajra.Pearl Millet is beneficial in treating stomach ulcers, beneficial for Heart health, high in magnesium, helps in bone growth, reduces cancer risk, helps in weight loss, beneficial for diabetes and reduces cholesterol